Monday, 18 February 2013
So ya wanna guest blog?
Happy Family Day to my Canadian Friends! (Except Quebec…get back to work)
Happy Presidents Day to my American Friends!
Happy Birthday to me.
Quinn gave me a lovely card this morning. The hand written message made me melt…and the honest reminder made me laugh. Kinda.
Isn't she just precious? By the way, I am NOT 40 yet.
I use to have a birthday month!! I loved my birthday and all the love and attention that
Jessicauary February brought. I loved to celebrate
me! But life is funny isn’t it? As I get older I want NO ONE to recognize my
day of birth. I actually shut down my Facebook page so I don’t have to deal
with the random ‘happy birthdays’ and attention from people that I haven’t seen
or spoken to in 20 years.
Birthday bah hum bug right?
So why, you ask, am I announcing it on my blog that is read thousands of times per day? Because I want you all to give me a gift.
Ok, because I am busy and lazy and I need your help and I figure my birthday will guilt you into it.
I am going to start a regular weekly guest post feature. I chose Mondays because well, frankly I hate Mondays and by featuring another blogger I get one thing taken off my plate as the workweek begins. I thought about a cute name, like Mommy Mondays or Terrific Tuesdays or Share the Love Humpdays but that’s all lame, so I shall call it…
‘I get a day off from writing and feeling pressure to be funny and get to laugh at your stories and share some blog love’
Ok, that name may change; it’s a bit long. Consider it a work in progress. I’ll keep you posted.
So, you wanna guest post here? Of course you do!! I don’t have a lot of rules. Ok, I have a few.
· Please be funny. A least a little bit. Aim for one laugh snort and one pee dribble. Keep it light. I don’t want to read about the Theory of Relativity and its effect on mankind. Yawn. Please don’t be boring.
· It must relate to parenting, being a mom, being a dad, kids at any age, marriage, relationships, work/life balance etc. Again, this blog is not about chemistry or to debate our views on immunization or breastfeeding. Tell me the funny in your everyday life.
· This is NOT for advertising purposes.
· Please remember my mom and kids read the blog. You know my style and my boundaries…so no XXX rated material. I probably didn’t need to write that rule; after all I have the bloggy power to just not post it. It’s not like someone will be forcing my hand on the computer with a gun to my head and threatening me with no wine ever again to hit the ‘post blog’ button. I digress.
· I don’t really care about the length; I am a wordy gal myself. But please don’t send me your manuscript to edit and pimp out to agents and publishers.
If you are interested please send me your name, a short bio, blog link (if you have one) and your piece for me to read and post. I will randomly select each week and let you know by at least the Sunday before. Then I will hype the shit out of you and your blog here and on my Facebook page and Twitter.
What’s that you say? What Facebook page you ask? Umm…have a look to your right and click the like link. Get with the program peeps.
So if you want to try your hand at writing (if I can do it...so can youJ), or you are just starting to blog and want more viewers or have a huge successful famous blog and want to share me with the world, then I figure this is good for both of us right? I’ll scratch your blog if you scratch mine.
Its like blog and birthday love.
Plus, it gives me more time for red wine, and that my friends is the birthday gift that just keeps on giving.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please title the email ‘Guest Post’. I get A LOT of crazy emails.